Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anti-virus programs keeps stalling on a file.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 therreid

therreid

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 12 August 2011 - 04:37 PM

I have been refered here from the "Am I infected? What do I do?" forum. A couple weeks ago I noticed that I could not run full scans on my computer with Avast, Avira or Kaspersky. The programs seem to freeze and lock up the computer when scaning certain files in the System32 folder. Here is the link to my original thread in the "Am I infected? What do I do?" forum.

My link

My system is running Windows 7 (64 bit). Therefore, I can't post any log from GMER. The two DDS logs are attached.....

Attached Files

Edited by therreid, 12 August 2011 - 04:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 therreid

therreid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:14 AM

I know we are not supposed to bump.....but, I think this one may have got missed. Any chance of help with this one or do I need to check elsewhere.... Just let me know. Thanks.....

#3 therreid

therreid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:04 PM

Please close this thread....

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,903 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:25 PM

Hello,

Your topic wasn't missed.

At the moment, we have over 150 unanswered topics, and at the moment 2 of those are older than yours, which means your topic would have been picked up today or tomorrow at the latest.

Our volunteer MRT team members have various levels of expertise and training, so while we try to take the oldest DDS/HJT logs, it is often the skill level of the particular helper and sometimes the operating system that dictates which logs get selected first. Some infections are more complicated than others and require a higher skill level to remove. Without that skill level attempted removal could result in disastrous results. In other instances, the helper may not be familiar with the operating system that you are using, since they use another. In either case, neither of us would want someone to assist you who is not familiar with your issue and attempt to fix it.

Since you have requested that this topic be closed, I am now closing this topic. If you still need assistance with this issue, please send me a PM and I will reopen the topic.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users