Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer Picture-Can You Tell Me What This Is?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 trojan.agent

trojan.agent

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:15 PM

I don't want to buy ink if this printer won't work anymore. Has anyone seen this happen?:

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/4201/20110812120223.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 trojan.agent

trojan.agent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:19 PM

[quote name='trojan.agent' timestamp='1313176513' post='2369521']
I don't want to buy ink if this printer won't work anymore. Has anyone seen this happen?:

EDIT:

This is an HP Photosmart C4280 All-in-one Printer-Scanner-Copier.

I'm just asking because you can't return a partially used ink cartridge, and that is the only way to test it.

And, I would like to hear if you have seen this before, bought ink, and the printer would not work anymore.

#3 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,540 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:36 PM

How did all that ink get all over the inside?
Looks like an ink cartridge leaked all over the place.

Are you using refilled ink cartridges?

Edit: You can buy a new printer for probably less than what the cartridges would cost to test it. Once you open the cartridges you can not return them.

Edited by Eyesee, 12 August 2011 - 02:39 PM.

In the beginning there was the command line.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:44 PM

Using my lay CSI skills.....it appears those ink drops are very low velocity drops....no spatter....only a couple of runs.:whistle:
Almost looks like the printer was stood on edge.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users