Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

1628 error

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 shilo2

shilo2

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:44 AM

trying to install cyberlink powerdvd11 trial,i get so far and it says i have cyberlink powerdvd installed and i dont.i deleted powerdvd 9.it asks if i would like to delete it i click yes and then i get 1628:faied to complete installation
i am running windows 7x64 home edition

Edited by shilo2, 12 August 2011 - 08:48 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:36 PM

Hello and welcome, I have one solution to try if you've met the System Requirements.
Open Control Panel - not using classic display

1. Click Performance and Maintenance

2. Administrative tools

3. click local security policy

4. Then click Software restriction policies.

5. When I did this there weren't any set. So you have to click action tab to create them. When you do so click onto enforcement.

6. Then select all users except administrator.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 shilo2

shilo2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:19 AM

can get to admin tools but cant find local security policy,i dont have it listed under administration tools

Edited by shilo2, 13 August 2011 - 07:34 AM.

#4 shilo2

shilo2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:47 AM

found this under windows seven forums

You will need to be an administrator to open the Local Security Policy Editor.
The Local Security Group Policy Editor will only be available in the Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate, and Enterpise editions.
You will not have the Local Security Policy Editor available in the Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, and Home Premium editions.

Edited by shilo2, 13 August 2011 - 07:47 AM.

#5 shilo2

shilo2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:26 PM

can end topic fixed my problem thanks you

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:15 PM

Thanks for letting us know.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users