Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with website - need to find out if there's a possible virus

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SwissTDN

SwissTDN

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:06 PM

Hi there, I am a novice at the web scene, I built my own website on Wordpress platform and it has been up for a few months, however, for the past week it has been acting... odd. On a rare occasion, at least once per day of visiting my website, something seems to be taking control and forwarding to another site. I am pretty sure it's within my website, as I have had a friend on a PC using AVG show me a screenshot of a warning he got. I am on a Mac and while I don't get warnings, this redirecting behavior takes place. I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this concern and I don't want to post my website right off the bat because I want to make sure no one gets a virus or anything. But please, any ideas on how to go about finding the problem and fixing it would be greatly appreciated!

If anyone wants the URL of the site to check it out (although, like I said, it only happens occasionally so it's tough to replicate), please just let me know.

Edit: I found out the issue, a mod can close this.

This was the solution to my problem: http://markmaunder.com/2011/zero-day-vulnerability-in-many-wordpress-themes/

Edited by SwissTDN, 12 August 2011 - 02:12 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users