Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

svchost.exe process . . .

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jones7981

jones7981

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 31 October 2004 - 01:54 PM

When machine is idle and connected to internet, svchost.exe slowly beings to take over memory of computer. It bogs down the entire system in about 6 hours. So much so that the "low in virtual memory" error pops up. My machine is completely clean according to yesterday's HJT log post. Any suggestions?

I did recently by an upgrade from 2000 to XP, would this solve the problem?

Thanks,
Aaron

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Futs

Futs

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 01 November 2004 - 04:19 AM

hey jones.

one thing you might have a look at is the W32/Jeefo virus wich is a real booger in your nose, you know on of those hard ones you can't even get out using a tweeser.

Moving right along, the svchost thats there is probably a duplicate.
you might do a search on google to see if you can find the cleaning and patching tools (I know I've got can't remeber where from though :thumbsup:)

Futs
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users