Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Input (Microphone) mixed with Computer Audio.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:03 PM

Hey guys.

I've been using Skype for about a month and it's worked great. But a week or so ago, my sound settings got messed up. Now when I call people, they hear my voice very softly but they can hear the sounds on my computer (for example music I'm playing). My computer sounds can be heard even when my mic is unplugged.

This might have something to do with installing Audacity and changing the recording settings.

My sound card says High Definition Audio, which I assume means built in. Motherboard: M4A785TO-V EVO

I know it's not a microphone problem because the sound levels in the Setup a Mic wizard look right

What I've tried so far:
  • System Restore
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling sound drivers.
  • Turning mic volume higher on Skype (maximum)

Some old threads I read give some solutions for Windows XP. Exactly what is being described here:
http://forum.skype.com/index.php?showtopic=62556

Thanks for any help,
The Panda

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:45 PM

Hello.

Somehow this fixed itself when I plugged in another mic, then put the old one back :huh: .

What's strange is that my computer sounds are no longer heard. I didn't touch any settings.

With Regards,
The Panda

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,409 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 13 August 2011 - 02:23 PM

Sounds like possible failing soundcard/chip...or corrupt drivers. I'd run the Sound Troubleshooter.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users