Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to do PC to PC lan cable Netwoking??

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tech Lover

Tech Lover

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:44 PM

Dear My expert Bros,
I want to share (file & Drive) my Desktop & Laptop to each other with only a cable connection.

How to do it pls tell me.

oh! other thing, is it possible to lan cabling between Win 7 & Win XP or any problem to do it?

Advance ThanX 4 you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,336 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:52 PM

Do you want to make your own cable or buy one?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,199 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:25 PM

I think these links are what you are looking for.

Networking home computers running different versions of Windows

What you need to set up a home network

Setting up a home network
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 Tech Lover

Tech Lover
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:25 PM

Do you want to make your own cable or buy one?

If I buy one??

#5 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:15 PM

You need a Cross over cable. Plug each end into the PC's then set up your Lan settings. Assign an Ip address of 192.168.1.2 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 to one computer and an IP address of 192.168.1.3 with a subnet of 255.255.255.0. Test connectivity by sending a ping between the computers. Via the command prompt type PING and then enter the other computers IP address. If the pings are successful set up file sharing in windows and your all set.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,896 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:19 PM

Some basic references which may help:

Setting up a Windows XP home network - http://www.geekgirls.com/windowsxp_home_network.htm

How to Set Up a Small Network with Windows XP Home Edition (PART 1) - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=813936

What's Network Setup Wizard in Windows XP - http://www.petri.co.il/what's_network_setup_wizard_in_windows_xp.htm

Share Files and Printers between Windows 7 and XP - How-To Geek - http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-7/share-files-and-printers-between-windows-7-and

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users