Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

INCONSISTENT CONNECTION TO NET

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kcsummer

kcsummer

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:03 PM

This is happening on both my computers, a laptop with Windows 7 which is connected to the net with a D-Link router

and also my Apple Tiger Snow Leopard which is connected with an Ethernet cable but I guess it all goes to the router as this is the computer I initially set up the router with.

I just installed the router about a month or so ago and its been working fine, amazingly enough since I have sucky luck/track record using routers.

About 36 hours ago I started getting this message when I'd try to open a new web site, but especially it happened with my yahoo mail. It does not seem to be confined to Firefox, I switched to Safari and it happens with that as well.

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at www.homepreservationnetwork.com.

Check the address for typing errors such as
ww.example.com instead of
www.example.com
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

It seems to me it started after I deleted cookies. It's driving me nuts, everything is going along fine and then it starts all over again.

I can load the page, I can't load it - I can be on the net on one site and get the not connected on another tab/site. Sometimes its all the tabs, sometimes part of them, I haven't a clue how to fix this or where to start?

HELP PLEASE!

Edited by Orange Blossom, 10 August 2011 - 03:23 PM.
Moved to Web-browsing from Windows 7. ~ OB Removed font coding for ease of reading. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mjacopec

Mjacopec

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:27 PM

Sounds like it the proxy settings have changed.
Go into inernet connections.
Make sure the never dial a connectino is checked.
Then go into Lan Settings. (tab towards the bottom right)
Make sure connect automatically is checked.

Make sure there is nothing checked by the proxy server.
With Respect
Matt Jacopec

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users