Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

searchqu

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 burlly

burlly

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:19 AM

I can't get "searchqu" off my computer. I've tied Hijackthis , Superantispyware, Malwarebytes. What should I do?

Edited by hamluis, 10 August 2011 - 11:24 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,596 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:20 PM

Many toolbars and Add-ons can be removed via Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel or Programs and Features in Vista/Windows 7 so check there first.

From within Add/Remove Programs highlight "Windows Searchqu Toolbar" (if listed) and select Remove.

Repeat the above steps if you find any of these program names:
Searchqu
Bandoo
ChercheUS
AskBarDis
(or anything with Ask.com, AskSearch)

If the program is not listed in Add/Remove, look for an uninstall icon (shortcut) from within its program group. Click on Posted Image > All Programs (or Program Files), and use the program's uninstaller.

When done, be sure to restart the computer. <- Important!

Then continue as follows:

Reset Internet Explorer or go here and click the Posted Image button.

This will automatically reset registry keys and the browser back to the way it was when initially installed. If you check the Delete personal settings checkbox in Advanced settings, it will reset the home page(s), search providers and Accelerators to their default values. It will also delete temporary Internet files, history, cookies, web form information (passwords) and InPrivate Filtering data.

-- Note: Microsoft Fix it does not work in Windows 7. Instead, you can use the Internet Explorer troubleshooters to achieve this automatically.itially installed. Then clear your browser history.

If using FireFox, refer to these instructions to reset all user preferences, toolbars and search engine to their default settings using Firefox Safe Mode.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users