Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Critical Error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mila4680

mila4680

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:54 AM

My google searches are leading me to different pages other than what I searched. My desktop icons are missing, although I have recovered some of them with the help of one of these forum topics. But apparently I need more help with step by step instructions on how to get this virus off.

I keep getting an error message that reads something about a critical error and another that says, "The system has detected a problem with one or more installed IDE/SATA data hard disks"

I'm running Windows 7 on a Toshiba laptop.

Please help!

Edited by Orange Blossom, 10 August 2011 - 10:41 AM.
Moved from Windows 7 to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 weatherman13

weatherman13

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:21 PM

Hello and Welcome to Bleeping Computer,
Please download MalwareBytes from here: http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?part=dl-10804572&subj=dl&tag=button . Download and Install MalwareBytes. Make sure you update MalwareBytes. Run a Quick scan. Then after the scan is completed make sure all infections have been checked then press Remove Selected. After you have completed all the steps copy and paste the log back here.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users