Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Hot Start/Media Buttons

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 simonrjnash

simonrjnash

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:20 AM

My laptop came preinstalled with Windows Vista so upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium when it was released, since then an issue has persisted but has not been sorted, just lived with it,

My laptop a: Toshiba Equium A200-26D has six media buttons above the keyboard, since the upgrade to Windows 7 Home Premium the only button that launches from the desktop is the Internet button (which is fine).

The button next to that used to launch a media application such as Windows Media Player when pressed (Vista Installed). Since Windows 7 has been installed it has no function at all. When pressed it does not respond, is there a way to sort this so it launches Windows Media Player again or even iTunes?

Thanks,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:17 PM

Hi, simonrjnash.
It seems to me that you need a driver to activate these misc. keys/features.
I went to the support site for your machine and there are two that look promising; Utilities and Value Added Package.
As I am not familiar with your machine, it may be worth browsing the site on your own to acertain the correct drivers required. If the driver is not issued for Windows 7, you may be able to run the setup in Compatibility Mode; I have had to run certain drivers in XP SP3 Compatibility Mode on Windows 7 installs on older laptops to get certain devices to operate.

http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/jsp/supportMyProduct.do?service=UK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users