Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

At my wits end.. toshiba is about to get some bullets in it, please help?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 I hate computers...

I hate computers...

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:06 PM

It all started one wonderful day when I realized I had a google redirect virus.. after hours of trying to remove it with TDSKILLER COMBOFIX and numerous other anti malware products I noticed it got worse, now programs wouldnt even run like it would give me error messages, so I found out that was a registry problem and I fixed that, I eventually got so fed up I wanted to recover my computer to factory settings... come to find out THAT doesnt work either now.. My manual says to press 0 at startup to access the HDD partition, which I tried and it flashes HDD RECOVERY for about 1 millisecond and then goes back to starting up normally... I tried to access advanced recovery options in windows and it told me "cant access the required recovery files" another thing sometimes i'll click My computer and see the recovery hard drive, other times I wont see it at all.. I'm so fed up with this. I just want to recover my computer like it was when I got it, and not let anyone else on it. TDS Killer opens I click scan and boom, just like that it closes... I run combofix and it gets to the part where it says its scanning, then it says ACCESS DENIED about 10 times.. Idk what to do guys.... any suggestions? (besides taking the pc out to the yard and using it for a target) ty in advance.

Edited by I hate computers..., 09 August 2011 - 09:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MarkGS

MarkGS

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:12 PM

Try tapping F8 when you first turn your PC on and see the Toshiba logo. That should take you to the advanced boot menu. Once you get there select "repair my computer" follow the prompts.. and you should get to another selection menu.. and the bottom item on the list should be Toshiba recovery wizard.. It sounds like the PC may still be infected, and have user policy issues..

#3 I hate computers...

I hate computers...
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:27 PM

I have tried that option, there is no recovery option at all not even a "repair your pc" option this sucks

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:35 PM

On your desktop go to Start menu/All Programs. Look for a Toshiba folder, open it up.

Do you see Recovery Media Creator or something similar? If you do, click it to open.

It should tell you how many disks you will need to create a set of recovery disks.

You can try to create the disks and if successful use those to restore your computer back to factory settings.

You should always make a set of recovery disks in case you cannot access your hard drive to use the recovery partition. Then you should make a COPY of those disks for back up. If one set becomes scratched or broken and won't work you have the 2nd set to use.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 10 August 2011 - 07:26 AM.

#5 derek.ellis

derek.ellis

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:42 AM

If you got a Windows OS Disk, a clean install would be the best. I personall do not like to use the Hdd Partition reinstall, becaues if the Hard Drive fails, so will that. its always good to have an acutall Disk to reinstall anything on your computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users