Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost audio in speakers, jack in hp mini. Driver update unsucessful

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 phynix

phynix

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:32 PM

I have an hp mini 110-3000 and o/s is windows 7 starter edition. IDT high definition audio codec driver. ONly firewall is through Norton's security program.
Several weeks ago, began getting browser redirects and brief page flashes on screen. It seemed like something on the background was happening despite only having a document open. Kaspersky did not reveal any virus.
A week later, lost audio in external headphone jack, then days later the speakers stopped working. Device mgr did not reveal any problems. Uninstalled above audio driver without success. audio was not muted and speakers were on default ...all obvious things checked (volume). Reinstalled system back to factory but no change. contacted hp support but after hours of help they could not detect anything. The only thing they did not look at was a virus. They simply told us to return system to their service depot for repair/replacment. At last minute, I did another reinstall with no change in audio (I hear nothing through speakers, but in jack with headphones, I hear crackling noise). When I run audio test on speakers, I see the audio levels go up and down but no sound??? Now, since the reinstall, my system is incredibly slow (dragging)?? Ran malwarebytes with no virus detected. If it was a hardware problem, why would the system speed and internet download speed be affected??? Can you help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users