Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recycle bin won't empty

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Larsenoutdoor

Larsenoutdoor

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:30 AM

My recycle bin has not emptied its contents in a long time. After researching this issue, I see it's possible that a virus or trojan may be involved. I have run spybot and hijack this but I'm unable to determine a problem. There was a suggestion that I could post a hijackthis log for someone to view and give me an expert opinion...hopefully that will work. thanks very much!

HiJack This log removed. ~ OB

Yes, of course I mean it doesn't empty even when trying to empty the recycle bin. thanks

Edited by Larsenoutdoor, 09 August 2011 - 11:55 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,011 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:01 AM

Hello,

Can you please explain what you mean by "My recycle bin has not emptied its contents in a long time"? Mine never empties unless I empty it myself. Are you saying that you are trying to empty it and it won't empty?

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 Larsenoutdoor

Larsenoutdoor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:56 AM

Sorry I am not sure how to reply so I edited my own post first! Yes, it's when I try to empty the recycle bin and it keeps showing as full. Thanks

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,285 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:38 PM

Are there any other problems with the system?

The Recycle Bin (like everything else) can reflect damaged files...but my experience is that Windows generates an error message when the RB is not working properly.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users