Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen gets dark but still visible

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kairya

Kairya

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 AM

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:00 AM

So a long time ago, my lil sis played a game on my laptop.
I forced her to uninstall it since my laptop wasn't a gaming one and there'd be times when something like "A driver has just recovered from an unsuspected problem" message or something similar to that.

Anyways, after uninstalling it, the screen occasionally flickered and eventually gets dark.
Its not totally black since you can still see things that should be on the screen, but its just really dark.
It happens only when I turn it on, but after putting it in standby and returning, it gets better.
It stopped after a few weeks and was fine for a few months, but lately it has started again.
From what I read it has something to do with the LCD screen [not so sure on what that is. D:].
I recently had this problem, so I was wondering if this might've caused it to return.

Any ideas on why this came back and if it's fixable?
If it can't be fixed, any idea on how much replacement would be? :[

I have a Windows Vista Home Premium.
Its a Fugitsu Lifebook Series (Build: 6FEN2W0), 32-bit operating system.

Thanks ahead. :]

Edited by Kairya, 09 August 2011 - 01:02 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users