Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet doesnt work when more than one computer is on network.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gaem

gaem

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:52 PM

I have had no problems before up until a few days ago when my laptop coudlnt get connection anymore. I also notice this happens when my other computer is online, if I turn off the internet on the desktop then the laptop is able to connect.This is also viceversa with my desktop. If i am online with my laptop, I am not able to get connection as well on the desktop.

Thinking it had to be a wireless probelm I also tried connecting with eternet cable, but still failed saying my network cable is ungplugged.

My laptop is windows xp pro pack3 and desktop is windows 7.

wireless router is netgear.

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gaem

gaem
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:56 PM

I take back about eternet now working. walljack works fine. So it seems this is a wireless probelem.

When im not able to get connection it comes up saying 0 for ip address.

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:17 AM

Are you able to log into the router and see the settings? What model number is the router?
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users