Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Nvidia Drivers for XP

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TiredOfSony

TiredOfSony

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 08 August 2011 - 01:51 PM

Hello, a while ago, I downgraded my Sony Vaio VGN-FE41E from Vista to XP, and had some trouble finding proper drivers, but through some forums and websites, I managed. I had them all stored on my external hard drive in case something happened and I needed to do it again, but sadly it was stolen a while ago and I don't remember what I did and where I managed to find the nvidia drivers, because to get it to work, I had to find drivers for other models, as my Sony model isn't compatible with the Windows XP.

Now there is this warning popping up that says

"The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\NVDESK32 is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation disk"

When this happened before all I had to do was uninstall the nvidia drivers and reinstall them again, but I don't remember which drivers I need to install, because of the lack of compatibility of my Sony VGN-FE41E with Windows XP.

My question is, does anyone know which drivers I need to download and where to download them from, and possibly how to prevent this from happening again?

Hope the post wasn't too confusing, i'm clearly not a computer wizz and have some trouble understanding any of this, if you need more information let me know!

Thanks! :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 weatherman13

weatherman13

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 08 August 2011 - 01:53 PM

Hello Welcome to Bleeping Computer,
I will need the version of XP and need to know if it is 32 or 64 bit.

Thanks

#3 weatherman13

weatherman13

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 08 August 2011 - 01:57 PM

This is for 32 bit: http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_notebook_winxp_179.48_beta.html . This is for 64 bit: http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_notebook_winxp64_179.48_beta.html .

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 AM

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:02 PM

Unfortunately if you have a Sony VIAO Laptop you must stick to the OS that came installed on it. I had a Sony Lap Top and was unable to run anything but Windows XP Professional Sony Branded on it. Linux would fail and so would other versions of Windows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users