Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Using nLite in Windows 7 environment

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:19 AM

Not really sure where I should post this, "All other" seems most apropos...

I am about to build an updated slipstreamed XP SP3 installation CD using nLite Windows Installation Customizer which I have used successfully many times, but have only used in an XP environment.

I have built my file structure, downloaded the appropriate post SP3 updates & hotfixes, copied the "clean" SP2 source files & the SP3 300mb package, appropriate "fresh" drivers from Dell and extracted them, added a few progs like Firefox, Flash & such...a few reg "tweaks", services config...etc...

Would building the ISO/CD in a Win 7 environment cause any foreseeable problems re: different file structures, etc, perhaps using an OEM SLP for XP in a Win 7 environ would/could possibly cause Activation/ Genuine issues? Any other issues?

My question is, does anyone have experience(s), bad or good, doing this? Any other issues anyone can think of doing this? The reason I'd like to do the build in Win 7 is because my XP machine is an old Dell 2200 Pentium processor w/ only 1.25gb RAM and takes FOREVER and a day whenever I do a new CD build (about every 6 months or so) My Win 7 laptop would likely do the same project in about 1/4 th the time as my XP machine.

Thanks much to all who care to reply

"Thug"

Edited by Union_Thug, 08 August 2011 - 08:20 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MadDawg

MadDawg

• Members
  • 453 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:42 PM

I don't think you would have any problems as long as you use an XP CD (or something similar, like a folder with the XP installation files) as a base for the project.
A penguin broke my windows with a half-eaten apple!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users