Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound card makes weird popping noises

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 abaddamn

abaddamn

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 07 August 2011 - 11:13 PM

Topic title says all - it's a new sound card and I just got it last week. Dunno what happened to it but it no longer plays anything on heavy bass (which I am sorely missing)
I also have it connected to an external amplifier with speakers.

What should I do in a situation like this?
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:18 AM

RMA...return it, assuming that you did nothing to bring on malperformance.

I suggest you be very sure...that the popping results from the card and not your system or speakers.

Louis

#3 abaddamn

abaddamn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:43 PM

Thanks Louis! Looks like it'll have to be returned to the shop.

The only issue with it was when it was being installed into the PCI-Express slot. The connection to the MB was very very loose while the speaker cables were being changed around. This caused the sound card to be turned on and off when the power was on... so had to put it in the other PCI-E slot.

Didn't seem right at all.

Could that have interfered/affected the bass/subwoofer output of the sound card?

Edited by abaddamn, 08 August 2011 - 05:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users