Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flashing black bars across monitor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CrossCut49

CrossCut49

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:49 PM

Hey guys. Lately I've been having this problem with my monitor (or Graphics card, not quite sure at this point) in which there are flashing black bars going across the screen, and I could really use some help. The problem persists usually about every other day, but it has never been quite as bad as this before. Attached and at the bottom of this post is a screenshot of the monitor with the black bars.

I've noticed that this happens more frequently when I play games such as Team Fortress 2 on Steam. The black bars would actually usually start at that point, and I would even find blue pixels laying in spots across the screen at some times. After playing for about an hour the game/screen would either start flickering or a message will pop-up stating, "Input Signal out of range".

I have a second monitor that doesn't have this problem at all, and this all started after I had returned from vacation in Mexico.

Steps I've taken
-Reinstalled and Reverted to old NVIDIA drivers
-Checked for new monitor drivers
-Checked monitor resolution and attempted using the monitor at a refresh rate of 59Hz/s
-Checked and unplugged/replugged monitor cables.

Also, a note: While in some programs (such as Firefox, Office, or Chrome) the black bars seem to have stopped. But going back to the desktop and they're still flashing.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Specs
HP 2709m LCD Monitor
BFG 275 GTX
Core i7 920, @2.66Ghz (Not OCd atm)
750W PSU

Attached File  piccyfix_1312763827_IMG_03521.JPG   104.66KB   3 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CrossCut49

CrossCut49
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:16 PM

Also:
GPU on idle: Posted Image
GPU in-game: Posted Image

Edited by CrossCut49, 07 August 2011 - 08:23 PM.

#3 efowler111

efowler111

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:48 PM

Try connecting that monitor to another known working computer. If the problem persist, bad monitor.
If the problem stops, resolution may be set to high on original computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users