Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dead screen

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wiskyfog

wiskyfog

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:07 PM

I blew out my desktop with compressed air and now i have no video. the screen acts like its going to work and then says monitor going to sleep. I had it checked out at a pc shop and the said it is probably(?) the mother board. got an exact replacement from HP and still dead screen. changed out the video card with a new one still nothing. Any advice as to a reasonable fix $wise would help.Also when it is first turned on,(cold start) the cooling fan for the processor runs at full speed and the only way to shut off the pc then is to unplug it.

Edited by wiskyfog, 07 August 2011 - 01:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Morgankevinj

Morgankevinj

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:03 PM

Do you here any beeps when attempting to start the computer? If yes, Then in what pattern do they occur?(How many long beeps and how many short beeps?)

#3 wiskyfog

wiskyfog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:09 PM

no audible or detectable beeps, just the cooling fans running full on

#4 .X.

.X.

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:57 AM

Since you've replaced the mobo and video card I would say to check your monitor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users