Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Gadgets Blink Upon Saving Things

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BxBShingo

BxBShingo

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:45 AM

Hi, I'm new here and pondered what place to post this, but I ended up posting it here. It's not a computer-threatening problem, but it's annoying.

I noticed that when I save anything using Google Chrome (my primary browser), whether it be Pictures or Websites, my three gadgets (calendar, clock, weather) blink and flash to the top of my processes. I've tried disabling them and renabling them, but it doesn't work. Turning them off obviously solves the problems.

It it helps, I was recently upgraded to the new version of Twitter, which is apparently a resource hog. That could be an issue. I appreciate any help I get with this issue. Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2011 - 04:17 PM

Last time I used Chrome, it had some blinking thing going on. I don't use it anymore.

don'y mean to be short, just don't care for Chrome.

Edited by bludgard, 07 August 2011 - 04:19 PM.

#3 BxBShingo

BxBShingo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2011 - 05:38 PM

No problem at all. I've actually noticed another problem which leads me to definitely believe it has to do with me using the new Twitter and it using up some cache/resources possibly.

I currently don't have a Twitter tab open, but I have a window open with multiple tabs. I also have an incognito window open, but I've noticed that whenever I try to use the forward and back arrows, they lock up on me and I can't even highlight the history. I have to click on the icon before it returns. But I've NEVER had this problem before accessing the new Twitter. I could have as many open as I wanted. It's confusing me.

#4 BxBShingo

BxBShingo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2011 - 05:45 PM

Another thing I've noticed is that by right-clicking in a window when I have 2 windows open, the browser window locks up.....unless I click the taskbar. Then everything is fine until I right-click again. This is again, recent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users