Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus protection on Network not on workstation

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ercie

ercie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:59 PM

Appreciate your honest, knowledgable input.

Recently had local computer store come to office to make certain that all computers had virus protection. Upon completing an update, I now find that they did not put it on one of the workstations as it was a newer computer, had a free version of another program, and I'm guessing, thought when that program's availability ran out, we'd have to call them to install (or access) the one on the network. Guess what! Time's up! Also have 2 newer stations that were recently installed, and need to put virus protection on them also. I have the license number and info. Can I access the network and upload the virus protection? How? or should I tell the boss he has to bite the bullet and pay them to come back? We're talking $10/hour for me versus $80/hour for them.

Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users