Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows explorer stopped working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 anderkl

anderkl

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:05 PM

Hello -

After having several problems with Malware and stuff, I got my computer working finally. However, the windows explorer stopped working. As soon as I right click on any application on the desktop, it throws me error. The Operating system is widows vista home premium and here are the details of the problem:

Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: Explorer.exe
Application Version: 6.6.6000.16771
Fault Module Name: MSVCR90.dll
Fault Module Version: 9.0.30729.4148

Thanks for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:04 PM

I suggest you post in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs section of this site.

Before you post there, make sure to read the Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help.

CCNA R&SCCNA Security | Network+  |  B.S. - Information Technology | Cyber Security Engineer

If I am helping you and have not replied within 48 hours, please send me a private message.

#3 anderkl

anderkl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:42 PM

After they have said that the computer is clean of virus/malware, they have asked me to go to windows forums and here is the thread.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:29 AM

See topic at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-windows_update/problem-event-name-bex-error-message/cf5baf73-0877-4070-abfb-a2c3a17a9e10 .

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users