Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hp notebook infected???

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hpsux123

hpsux123

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 PM

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:14 PM

I have an Hp pavillion dv6-1355dx and I have reinstalled the os a couple times and gone as far as taking it to a local retailer(Geek Squad) I believe it to still have something on it as the graphics on smaller icons are grainy and IE is taking a very long time to load,and some pages refuse to load at all.I have multiple devices in device manager which I believe do not belong. I posted a topic a month or so ago but never got any help. This is the notebook I have been unable to use(or refused to anyway) for the majority of the time I have owned it due to my thoughts of it being infected. No virus programs find anything Kav 2011 states it updates but after reading a writeup on the main page as the malware replacing the AV program I am unsure. Also after taking it into the retailer each time I do a fresh scan it would find issues with swf files and udx packer issues and they consultant said it was nothing to worry about. The following week I read on security essentials that there was a bootkit out affecting the MBR and the same page stated about multi layering in UDX packer. Well this time I would love to have some help as I would like to use this computer that I paid for 2 yrs ago and have used for possibly 6 months or so. please tell me what to do,thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hpsux123

hpsux123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:22 PM

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit kav2011,t6600 core 2 duo, intel 4500 graphics media accelerator ,built in web cam,synatics pointing dev anything else just ask,thanks.

#3 hpsux123

hpsux123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:28 PM

Also when using Google earlier today I had been on craiglist just previous to going to google and instead of the google icon in the search field it kept the craiglist peace sign as the icon and everytime I would visit google after that the peace sign stayed.Also occasionaly the search engine "ask.com" will show back up in accelerators for IE and I have removed it multiple times.Just trying to provide as much info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users