Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Has Programs Stealing Focus And Slow.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rfletch

rfletch

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 15 January 2006 - 09:25 PM

Hello, I have come here only once before for a serious restart problem. You guys were a terrific help.
I wanted to run hijack this for you but have forgotten how.
My problem is that I have things like mywebsearch, funweb, and some others that I can not get rid of.They flash on the screen in a box but I cant even get a name as the windows close rather quickly. Eventually my system does shutdown but is getting slower by the week. When I am online, the tweak program you suggested before doesn't always help with the stealing focus. If you can help again I would appreciate it. I know I will have to do a hijack log so if you could begin by telling me how I will get that to you.
Thanks again,
rfletch

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 15 January 2006 - 10:24 PM

Hi rfletch,

Welcome back...

I suggest you start here

That link will take you to a user "guide" to help you remove the malware that is on your computer. Since you have been here before, you probably have the basic tool kit of programs. Make sure you update each and go from there.

Hope this helps,

Rigel

PS... Please remember to post your log to the HiJackThis logs area of the forum. Be patient as these folks are very busy. Good luck.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users