Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nvidia 9600 Gt fan stopped working!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 meepugh

meepugh

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:37 PM

Yesterday I was casually browsing the internet when my monitor turned off. I tried a different monitor and that one wouldn't work either. It turns out that my GPUs fan stopped working. So I plugged my monitor into the on-board and put a fan facing the GPU to cool it down. And now for some reason the fan is working again, and I still have the fan facing it. But the my graphics card still won't let any monitor work. Perhaps it could've just fell out of place or something? Also the exact model is the PNY Verto GeForce 9600 GT.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:08 PM

If your VGA didn't work on any computer maybe it's dead.
As your monitor work with onboard VGA

Edited by abauw, 05 August 2011 - 05:08 PM.

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#3 meepugh

meepugh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:55 PM

Well I don't think it has anything to do with the vga. My gpu's fan turned off for a while, so perhaps it overheated?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users