Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP MCE Install issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DocNic

DocNic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:58 PM

Hi,

I recently had to replace my hard drive, I'm in the process of trying to reinstall the operating system which is XP Media Center Edition. The system I am working with is a Sony Vaio VGC-RB64G. The motherboard is an Intel e210882. When I start the installation process and the screen comes up where I should be able to select a partition to install windows on there are no available partitions listed. I have checked the bios to see if the HD is enabled and it is. I've done some research and from what I'm seeing the problem I'm having is indicating that I need to install a SATA driver. I am having a hard time finding one, and am unsure if it will even resolve the issue. I was using nLite to create a disk with the driver on it, but since I can't find the driver I'm at a stand still.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if additional details are required.

Nic

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:30 PM

All the drivers needed for your computer should be on the support site for your lap to via Sony Drivers and Software Page find your product and download the sata drivers, and put them on a floppy and execute the floppy via hitting F6 during the install process.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users