Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting Obsidian to work on Vista????

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 helplessgeek

helplessgeek

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:14 PM

I have an old game Obsidian by Segasoft that was released under Windows 95. I was able to get it to run on XP, but cannot get it to run on Vista. I am able to get the Quicktime that came with it to run, for I know newer versions of QT will not work, and even having any newer versions installed will prevent the game from working. I installed everything in compatibility mode for WIN98. But nothing. Any help here?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RLS_lptp

RLS_lptp

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 04 September 2011 - 02:23 AM

Man, I hope someone can help you with this. I watched a couple of friends play it (on XP), and that was an AWESOME game.

My only suggestions, in my very limited knowledge, are:
to change the compatibility mode in the game's "properties" menus, or;
to partition your hard drive to run a copy of XP on in order to play older games.

And people think I am crazy for keeping my Windows 2000 computer for playing games like Theme Hospital...

Vista's crap when it comes to trying to play older games, in my experience anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users