Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CPU Core Temps really high

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tallen97

tallen97

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:08 AM

Hi, I'm new to BleepingComputer my name is Tom. Today I bought Windows7 and did a fresh install from WinXP. The hardware changes I made were adding my other 10k rpm raptor hd so I can run Win7 in raid0 config. I couldn't get it to work for WinXP. Everything has gone smooth with all the installation. The problem I'm experiencing is high core temps on my i7-860 quad core. When I had XP installed, I was idleing at 38-43C and running 68-74C while running games. Now I'm idleing anywhere from 42-65C and I'm hitting 95+C while running BFBC2. I didnt notice this until I first installed BFBC2 and it kept crashing on me, during loading my pc shuts down completely. I don't understand why my core temps are so crazy now. Is it because of the hard drives in Raid config? Could it be my power supply is faulty? Any help would b greatly appreciated, Thankyou!

P.S. I am running a stock intel cooler fan(i know....i just ordered a coolermaster from newegg). Although I'm running a stock cooler, under XP my temps were still ok..

SystemSpecs:
Gigabyte P55A-UD3 mobo
Intel i7-860@2.8ghz
4g OCZ ram1600
Asus GTX560 1GB
Xion 600watt PS
2 WD Raptor 10k rpm hd's

Edited by tallen97, 05 August 2011 - 02:10 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 IanGR

IanGR

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:00 AM

Hi Tom,
I'm no PC buff but I don't see how installing a new OS or hard drive, raid or not can dramatically increase your CPU temps. Have you checked that you didn't knock your CPU cooler some how whilst fitting your new HD?
Soon to be sorted if your fitting a new cooler.
As a reference I'm running a P67 board with an Intel 2500k 3.3GHz with a Coolermaster V8 fitted. Temps whilst browsing and light work are top 20's low 30's and 30min's or so of prime95 or an hour of Crysis2 leave it in the low 50's

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users