Download following two tools and then restart computer in Safe Mode
and run them from there.
Please download and run the below tool named Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com)
which may help allow other programs to run.
There are 4 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.
Vista and Win7 users need to right click Rkill and choose Run as Administrator
You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.
* Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
* If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator
* A black DOS box
will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
* If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2
* If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
* Do not reboot until instructed.
* If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
(aka MBAM): https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware/
to your desktop.
* Double-click mbam-setup.exe
and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
, then click Finish
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan
, then click Scan
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results
to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here
Be sure to restart the computer.
The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt