Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown Malware virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 linda69

linda69

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:16 PM

While surfing the net a program has installed to my computer without my acknowledgement. It claimed that i was infected by some w32 and visually it had made itself an icon on my systemtray with baloons juming up and down with text of this dangerous virus. Anyway next it shut down my running firefox, Yahoo/ and Msn messengers. When try to run firefox or internet explorer or chrome all was shut down with message that they was to dangerous to run wih my new w32. AltCtrDel and taskmanager was also shut down However it took maybe .2 of a second and i managed to read that the only running application was called FML.UPDATE. Regedit was shutted down also file explorer. Actually any app. I tried to start up was shutted down. I rebooted my computer at this stage as i was unable to use it. Next computer halt after detecting Ide drives, Same in win safe mode as i never reached this stage. Im now running my computer on an old knoppix cd [linux]. I have searched my disk for FML.UPDATE.exe and similar names but not to be found. I have found indications on that *.lnk files [shortcuts] are by default starting this fake antivirus. As my new viruskiller starts when i emulate windows via linux and execute windows shortcuts. Iguess I need some kind of boot cd that can fully read windows partitions and also give me full acess to windows registry. Unless there is a bootable malware/removing/tool. Is there anyone having a good suggestion? I dont want to reformat and reinstall this disk at this point as i dont want to loose data.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,906 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:14 PM

Hello Linda ,I will ask someone that deals with Non booters to look here but Ineed to know the Operating System.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users