Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disable IME, CtfMonitor

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 minorgeek

minorgeek

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:01 PM

How can i disable IME and CtfMonitor.

this stuff sounds like a lot of overhead for every input. i suspect it's slowing me down. disabling will tell me.

searched here, ms, google, etc. no can find. can't find an appropriate service (they often name them weirdly)
i do see several ctf entries in the startups shown by autoruns. i can try turning those off. but would feel
much better if there's a known (to someone) way to turn it off.

i'm on vista so entered in this forum, but my guess is it's similar in xp and win7.

thanks,
minorgeek

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,719 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:47 PM

As for CTFMON....

Download, and run CTFMON-Remover: http://www.gerhard-schlager.at/en/projects/ctfmonremover/
The CTFMON-Remover helps you removing the annoying CTFMON.EXE from your Windows operating system. The program is easy to use and displays whether the CTFMON.EXE is installed and running or not. If it was found then you can remove it within seconds. Just in case that you need the CTFMON sometime in the future there is also an option to restore the original one.
Note:The CTFMON.EXE is among other things responsible for changing the language schema of your keyboard (e.g. for switching between the German and English keyboard layout). So in case you are using this feature you shouldn't remove or disable the CTFMON.EXE!
NOTE. CTFMON.EXE is not a threat, but unnecessary startup, which can't be disabled in any other way.

As for others....

Download, and install Quick Startup: http://www.glarysoft.com/qs.html
Go File>Export, save report, and paste it into your next post.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users