Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Updates for W7

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Richardf77

Richardf77

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:15 PM

I have an ASUS laptop which came with Vista but has been upgraded to Windows 7 64 bit by disc. I hrecently had a problem whereby i had to reinstall the operating system and start again with the machine. It has been running fine but recently have ben having problems with windows updates, firstly W7 SP1 then all subsequent updates, they would download but instalation always failed. To try to fix the problem i ran a system repair/driver update disc that came with the 7 upgrade pack, all seemed fine until i tried Windows update again. Could not access the win update page in control panel, at which point control panel stopped working and needed Task Manager to close down. all other Control panel functions work fine. Windows Update troubleshooter fails to solve the problem and the patch available on the microsoft website will not download or install either. I have full internet access and i can download fine from other websites. I have Norton 360 on the machine and this updates fine too.

What can i do to fix the problem please? Machine otherwise works fine but for how long if Windows doesnt get updated properly?

Please ask for more info if this is needed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MarkGS

MarkGS

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:27 PM

Does the windows update give you an error as to why the install fails?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users