Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WinDVD.exe

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 alpenator

alpenator

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:16 AM

Good day folks, my first post.
I suddenly started to get. on start up, a message box telling me that a feature I was trying to use (I wasn't) was on a networ resource that was unavailable. Cancelled that and I got Error 1706 - windows installer cant continue. Cancel that and the whole thing recycles.
The message boxes stay in the foreground and make it almost impossible to work.
I have searched for WinDVD.msi which it tells me it cannot find; no result.
I really need some help please

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:05 AM

Please post the exact woring...of the error message.

WinDVD is a program...did you install/attempt to install...a legal copy?

Louis

#3 alpenator

alpenator
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:55 AM

I have attached shots of the messages.
I have not, attempted to load anything, the messages just came from nowhere.
Is it the Corel WinDVD that you refer to?Attached File  Screen 4.jpg   21.15KB   4 downloadsAttached File  Screen 1.jpg   34.07KB   3 downloadsAttached File  Screen 2.jpg   18.49KB   3 downloadsAttached File  Screen 3.jpg   16.22KB   3 downloads

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,434 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:14 AM

To be honest...I've never heard of WinDVD until you posted.

My question was meant to determine if you have such an application...installed on your system...or have you been trying to install such app, regardless of who claims the developer/marketeer title.

I ask such...because malware can imitate just about any application name, IMO. Sudden references to programs which a user is not aware of as being installed...tend to make me guess "malware".

Louis

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,420 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:17 AM

Read thru the suggestions to uninstall the Corel program.

Seems it should show up in ADD/ Remove. If it does, I would suggest booting into safe mode and
attempt uninstall from there.

WinDVD.msi
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users