Update to Adobe Reader X (10.1.0) Note
UN check the box so you do not install the toolbar,unless you really want it..Free! Google Toolbar search Google from any web page, block pop-ups
Yes, install Google Toolbar - optional
A few more things to do.(see if it stops after each)
Your HOSTS file
may be infected. Reset the HOSTS file
As this infection also changes your Windows HOSTS file, we want to replace this file with the default version for your operating system.
Some types of malware will alter the HOSTS file as part of its infection. Please follow the instructions provided in How do I reset the hosts file back to the default?
To reset the hosts file automatically,go HERE
button. Then just follow the prompts in the Fix it wizard.
in the File Download
dialog box or save MicrosoftFixit50267.msi
to your Desktop and double-click on it to run. Then just follow the promots in the Fix it wizard.
If still redirecting>>>Change your DNS Servers:
- Go to > Run... and in the open box, type: cmd
- Press OK or Hit Enter.
- At the command prompt, type or copy/paste: ipconfig /flushdns
- Hit Enter.
- You will get a confirmation that the flush was successful.
- Close the command box.
If the above commands did not resolve the problem, the next thing to try is to reset your network settings and Configure TCP/IP to use DNS
- Go to > Control Panel, and choose Network Connections.
- Right-click on your default connection, usually Local Area Connection or Dial-up Connection if you are using Dial-up, and and choose Properties.
- Double-click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) or highlight it and select Properties.
- Under the General tab, write down any settings in case you should need to change them back.
- Select the button that says "Obtain an IP address automatically" or make sure the DNS server IP address is the same as provided by your ISP.
- Select the button that says "Obtain DNS servers automatically".
- If unknown Preferred or Alternate DNS servers are listed, uncheck the box that says "Use the following DNS server address".
- Click OK twice to get out of the properties screen and restart your computer. If not prompted to reboot go ahead and reboot manually.
users can refer to How to Change TCP/IP settingsCAUTION
: It's possible that your ISP (Internet Service Provider) requires specific DNS settings here. Make sure you know if you need these settings or not BEFORE you make any changes or you may lose your Internet connection. If you're sure you do not need a specific DNS address,
then you may proceed.
>>>>I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan
NOTE: In some instances if no malware is found there will be no log produced.
- Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
- Click the button.
- For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
- Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon on your desktop.
- Click the button.
- Accept any security warnings from your browser.
- Under scan settings, check and check Remove found threats
- Click Advanced settings and select the following:
- Scan potentially unwanted applications
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth technology
- ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
- When the scan completes, push
- Push , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
- Push the button.