Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Logging In

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 patrickt

patrickt

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 15 January 2006 - 02:53 PM

I have windows xp home edition.
Everytime I log in, it starts then logs me off right away.
What do I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 *Desdinova*

*Desdinova*

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 PM

Posted 16 January 2006 - 12:07 AM

Hi Patrickt,

Does this problem also appear when you reboot in safe mode using the <F8> method ?
How to start Windows in Safe Mode

If still no logon in your account possible, can you logon as administrator is safe mode?
If you can login that way, try using the windows xp cdrom: put it in and go to start > run > type sfc /scannow . The system files on the computer are getting compared with the original on the CDrom, is promted something is corrupted , click yes to let it repair.
Description of Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 System File Checker

Or try using system restore (it's an options you get at one point, while starting in safe mode )
Or does, in the menu with safe mode, safe mode with networking,.. the option "last good known configuration" helps to solve this issue ?

Did you removed a virus or other malware (f.e. Blazefind) before this occured ?
Logon - Logoff loop, also caused by BlazeFind (in the middle of the page)

Are you an 'restricted user' (no admin account) ? Perhaps this article might be usefull then:
A User Logon Request Is Rejected Without Any Messages

Good luck ! :thumbsup:

#3 patrickt

patrickt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 16 January 2006 - 08:42 AM

So none of that worked

When i do the sfc /scannow, it says that it can't run a scan because the RPC server is unavailable.

For some reason system restore was turned off

No virus or anything was deleted recently

And all the accounts are have administrator abilities.

Edited by patrickt, 16 January 2006 - 08:50 AM.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:38 AM

If there are no viruses/spyware on your system, then this is likely to be the result of a program that you installed (most likely a tweaking or utility program).

I'd suggest that you turn the RPC service back on by going to Start...Run...and typing in "services.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter.

Scroll down the list of services until you find the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service (NOT the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator). Right click on it and select "Properties". In the box that appears, click on the dropdown box next to "Startup type" and select "Automatic" and click OK. Then, right click on the service again and select "Start".

Then try running SFC.EXE /SCANNOW
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users