Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Critical Error

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 EGreen6001

EGreen6001

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:24 PM

This computer is about a month old,maybe two and already it's having problems. It keeps giving me this error message about having hardrive failure. Another one that says dangerous clusters detected. Also another that say's "The system has detected a problem with one or more installed IDE/SATA hard disks. It is recommended that you restart the systemm." If anyone can help me solve this problem that'll be great. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,586 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:33 PM

Where and when do you get these messages?

#3 EGreen6001

EGreen6001
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:13 AM

I get them whenever I start up a program, but sometimes it will start before then. Also it wiped all my applications and application icons off my desktop.Lastly, due to all the messages it will force my computer to shut down.

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,586 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:24 AM

You don't provide much in the way of details. From what little you've said it's possible your system is infected. You should post in the Am I Infected forum.

#5 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:35 AM

I agree with Allan, you're probably infected. "Sounds" like this one, or some variant: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-system-repair

System Repair is a fake computer analysis and optimization program that displays false alerts that state your computer's hard drive is having problems in order to scare you into purchasing the program. System Repair is installed via Trojans that display false error messages and security warnings on the infected computer. These messages will state that there is something wrong with your computer's hard drive....

...it will display numerous error messages when you attempt to launch programs or delete files....

...System Repair also attempts to make it so you cannot run any programs on your computer. If you attempt to launch a program it will terminate it and state that the program or hard drive is corrupted. It does this to protect itself from anti-virus programs you may attempt to run and to make your computer unusable....The messages that you will see when you attempt run a program are:

Hard Drive Failure
The system has detected a problem with one or more installed IDE / SATA hard disks. It is recommended that you restart the system....

The fake hard disk notification is word for word the same as what you wrote in your first post.

Edited by Union_Thug, 05 August 2011 - 03:03 PM.

#6 EGreen6001

EGreen6001
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:57 AM

Thanks guy, I wasn't really sure which forum to write it in. Appreciate the direction.

#7 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:01 PM

You're welcome, good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users