Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

reinstall xp pro on lenovo x200 laptop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 scoway

scoway

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:19 AM

Have Lenovo X200 that was preinstalled with Vista
It shipped with cds to take it back to XP if I did not like Vista....no like Vista so I installed XP .
Now X200 is full and slow boot and many problems ..need to install Xp fresh and clear HD also.
When trying to boot from 2 Cd's supplied by lenovo, laptop goes blue screen after selecting setup from menu.
how can I install XP fresh with lots of free space in HD
Do i need to format or ?
Have another XP Pro install CD with serial number if needed. Will not boot either presently.
Using external Sony DRX530UL DVD-+RW/-+R USB to connect laptop.
Please explain steps to do and how to get back a good system.
thnx
scoway

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:48 PM

scoway wrote:
“…laptop goes blue screen after selecting setup from menu.”

Hello, scoway.
What errors are mentioned in the blue screen?

If you want to install XP to a clean hard drive, I suggest wiping the drive first and then running Setup. If the Recovery/Install disks are supplied by machine manufacturer, the necessary drivers are (optimally) included.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users