Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"send Error Report Or Dont Send", Thing Keeps Popping Up.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ashton_r

ashton_r

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 15 January 2006 - 02:04 PM

Hi, my name is ashton roesbery and i am currently on a windows xp home edition, version 2002, and a service pack 1. it's manufactured and supported by compaq and presario. it has 2.8 GHz and 504 mb of ram. just recently i downloaded spybot search and destroy. i thought it would get rid of the"send error report thing but it didn't. when i clicked "send error report," it brought me to a screen with a message about downloading windows version service pack 2. i tried downloading it but it said, your system doesn't support it". when i click "don't send," it logs me off any internet activity im doing. for some reason it doesn't let me get onto my email. what should i do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 15 January 2006 - 02:19 PM

Hi ashton_r,

You actually have a couple of things going on here. Let start with the message "send Error Report Or Dont Send". That message is from XP's error handling services. When XP has a problem, you can choose to send a report to Microsoft that helps them debug XP. One of the nice things about this feature is if there is a fix, you can usuall click a link on the acknoledgement window that will take you to Microsoft to download a patch or fix. It is possible that is when you are getting the option to download SP2.

SpyBot is a tool to remove adware/spyware/malware. It doeas clean up a lot of "junk" on your computer. It may or may not help with your problem. If you suspect you have the bad stuff on your system, I would recommend using this post Start Here

IMHO, I would make sure all viruses, malware, adware, was off of my computer before applying SP2.

Good luck... hope this helps.

Rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users