Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Battery Pack Questions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dtewi

dtewi

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:17 PM

Hey all, I have a question about my laptop.

Right now, it has a 6-cell Lithium battery.

Am I allowed to upgrade the battery after it stops functioning to like a 12-cell Lithium battery or would it not be compatible?

Also, how long would a 6-cell battery typically last?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blaze413

Blaze413

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:37 PM

Do u mean life spam or like how long it can hold a charge? And if u meant charge then that all depends on the specs of the laptop and what u r using it for...but if u meant life span they can last at least 2-3 years depending on whether u leave it hooked to the wall all the time or not. And the battery will "work" for a long long time but it will eventually get to the point where it just won't hold a charge long enough to even boot up

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,358 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:13 AM

Most laptops now use a lithium ion battery which most manufacturers conservatively figure the life span to be between 300 to 500 charge/discharge cycles.

I'm guessing that you wish to increase the amount of time your battery charge lasts? If this is the case the figure you will want to look at is the number of mAh (milliampere hours). The larger the number of mAh the longer the charge will last. The battery should have the voltage, mAh, and the charging current printed on it. When you go to purchase another battery be sure that the voltage is the same as the one you are currently using.

Edited by dc3, 03 August 2011 - 12:03 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users