Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question about IE8 in Windows XP

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rhino1366

rhino1366

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:04 PM

I don't understand one thing:

What is InPrivate data / filtering data?

Why it should be collected and why when I clean-up all temps it asks me to keep it?

Please, describe well... like for an idiot. :blink:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:31 PM

Hello, first I am moving this to Web Browsing.

InPrivate Filtering feature from Microsoft IE8 helps you prevent website publishers or content providers from collecting and gathering information about web sites you have visited during your private session.
InPrivate Filtering feature analyzes the web content of the web pages you are visiting.
It marks the the same content that is being displayed on a number of websites that may give the idea of a common item.
And the InPrivate Filtering enables you to allow or to block the common content that might provide information about your browsing.
As well as you can configure the InPrivate Filtering automatically block, you can also manually turn on and turn off InPrivate Filtering for the related content provider or third party web site.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie8-windows_7/inprivate-filtering-data/e3974bb7-ecc2-4e00-9e2a-2c4785593452

I feel this is why it asks you to keep it
If you delete the data the computer will delete your browsing preferences.
Read the article below for more information:
InPrivate Browsing
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/readiness/new-features.aspx

InPrivate Filtering analyses websites for "Third Party Content", blocking such content when it detects that this could be used for tracking the user. This is to prevent such tracking data being used for targeted advertising.
While doing this, IE retains information about the websites you visit.
(In IE you can remove the InPrivate Filtering data, by going to the.
Internet Optionsdialog box select the General tab,
Click the Delete button in the Delete Browsing History dialog box.
Add a Check ti the box InPrivate Filtering data,click delete
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users