Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Id Selector

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JUICYboy

JUICYboy

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:57 PM

I have a website that I am developing.

I want to install a jquery slideshow plug in that I found online:

Here is the link: http://tutorialzine.com/2009/11/beautiful-apple-gallery-slideshow/

The only problem is in my style.css has already specified the style's for the <li> attribute.

The demo.css has a <li> property as well and it causes havoc on my template.

I have tried using the selectors both id & class method to change the <li> properties on the slideshow, but it seems the demo.css is linked to script.js.

I want to seperate the "li" in demo.css from the "li" in style.css.

How can I change the <li> so that it does not conflict with the one on my style.css sheet.

Thank-you

Edited by JUICYboy, 02 August 2011 - 07:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:04 PM

Give one of the elements a unique class name, and then use the style sheet to refer to that class. Style sheets can refer by tag, by id, or by class. If you have conflicts, then you are going to have to use more complex specifiers. For instance, li.list would refer to an element with an li tag, and class name 'list'. Or you could simply use the id, and reference it in your css by (for example) #list.

Read this. It should give you some ideas on what to do when you have conflicts.

#3 JUICYboy

JUICYboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:51 PM

Thank-you

After taking a walk I renamed the class attributes and now it should work okay. :warrior:

Edited by JUICYboy, 02 August 2011 - 10:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users