Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows vista hangs at Completing Installation.....

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 AtomicMan

AtomicMan

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 02 August 2011 - 04:48 PM

Hi, my friend's laptop hard drive has crashed and I bought a 320gb hard drive and I replaced the hard drive. I booted from the Vista install disk, created and formatted a new partition, and now the installation goes fine and hangs at completing installation. The laptop is an HP Pavilion dv6830us. I am fairly new to problems like this and need help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,630 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 02 August 2011 - 04:52 PM

Are you certain the problem was the hd? What were the symptoms?

Edited by Allan, 02 August 2011 - 04:53 PM.

#3 AtomicMan

AtomicMan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:02 PM

Yes, windows was unable to create and format a partition on the hard drive, and I ran a bios hard disk drive test and it said error: replace hard disk.

#4 AtomicMan

AtomicMan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:02 PM

UPDATE: I put the hard disk in my other computer, and it loads vista fine. Now when I put it back in the other computer, it doesn't detect it in the installation for windows vista or XP. When I run a bios hard drive test, the computer turns off. When I just turn it on and let it boot from the hard drive, the vista loading screen is on a loop with no end. I am clueless on what to do now.

#5 AtomicMan

AtomicMan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:31 PM

Anybody going to help? Its already been 3 days with no reply.....

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,630 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:44 AM

It's clearly a hardware problem with the laptop. That makes it difficult to diagnose on a forum. I suggest you take it to a shop or send it back to the manufacturer.

#7 MarkGS

MarkGS

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:15 AM

if the diagnostic failed the new hard drive then there's your sign... Take it back pop a new one in and try again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users