Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Corrupt files

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 waugaha

waugaha

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 02 August 2011 - 04:32 PM

Hi, recently I've noticed that something has been happening with my laptop. When I turn on the computer and to the log in screen, it says Loginui.exe is corrupt or something like that. Although i am able to log in still, and use my laptop. When I log in and open programs, for example Google Chrome, i am able to navigate chrome normally, but a message continuously pops up saying chrome.exe is corrupt. I am also having problems with programs such as Java, Vuze, Windows live messenger, which i am completely unable to use. When i open windows live messenger i get msnmsgr.exe - application error ( The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000102). Click OK to close the application). For vuze i receive the message ( The JVM found at {0} is damaged, please re-install or define... etc) I have tried uninstalling and re-installing certain programs. I have also just rebooted my computer to get a fresh start. Can anyone help me out with this problem, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MarkGS

MarkGS

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:39 AM

Try creating a new user account and see if that helps. It sounds as though your account is corrupt.

#3 waugaha

waugaha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:21 PM

The problem carried over to the new user unfortunately.. Any other ideas as to what it may be?

#4 MarkGS

MarkGS

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:49 PM

When I turn on the computer and to the log in screen, it says Loginui.exe is corrupt or something like that

Can you give me the exact error? Also have you tried booting into safe mode? If you haven't do that and let me know if you receive the same error. To get into safe mode start tapping the F8 key. The Windows advanced boot menu will paper and select safe mode.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users