Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Icon Trouble

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 snap57cn

snap57cn

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 15 January 2006 - 10:56 AM

One of my wonderfull roomates was on my computer enjoying himself shall we say...and because of that i got some viruses on my computer. I always run AVG. I used trendmicro and pandasoft virus scans. I actually found this site thru just a general search on google for help. My desktop was locked blue couldn't change anything. Read something that suggested ewido and i now use that. My computer is free of virus etc. Background was still blue. Did some more searching and wound up finding that i had to mess w/ regedit in order to get it fixed
HKEY_CURRENT USER/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/WINDOWS/CURRENTVERSION/POLICIES/SYSTEM
and then deleted C:\Windows\Web\desktop.html
After i did that i was able to view my desktop again and change backgrounds (back to jessica simpson :thumbsup: )
one problem still remains tho. My icons are still surrounded by blue in the lettering and around the actual icon. I did a search and it looks similar to what would happen if you went to controll pannel>performance and maintenance>system>advanced>settings under performance and unchecked drop shadow icon. found a picture of the problem when i searched http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...c=40438&hl=icon. the resolution to that problem was just the controll pannel issue. Im stumped as far as what to do next and seaching got old. been at this on and off for 2-3 days now and am throwing in the towel. I didn't delete or change any other values in the regedit. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Everything is functional just annoying now.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 franktiii

franktiii

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2006 - 02:36 PM

right click on desktop, choose properties, under themes tab change theme to windows xp. That should clean things up.

#3 snap57cn

snap57cn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2006 - 05:31 PM

i tried that, it was on modified theme only because i changed the background...the only thing that did was change it back to the picture of the hills. still the same problem though. thanks for the help

#4 snap57cn

snap57cn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2006 - 06:12 PM

just putting a new post on this topic to keep it near the front...still looking/hoping for a solution

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users