Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Critical Stop Sound on Boot

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 tkemike

tkemike

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:22 PM

I am getting a critical sound upon boot whether it is a restart or a cold boot. If I turn off the critical sound in the sound properties, I do not hear the sound upon boot anymore. I have looked in the event log and see no critical errors, but the sound is there still. I have also deselected almost all startup programs, and most services, without success of ridding of that sound. I attached a hijackthis log in this post.Attached File  hijackthis.log   5.34KB   4 downloads

Edited by hamluis, 01 August 2011 - 03:32 PM.
Moved from XP to Malware Removal Logs.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tkemike

tkemike
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:36 PM

I do not understand why this got moved to malware removal logs. I have ran malwarebytes with no infections found (update defs too of course). Is it because I attached a hijackthis log?

#3 tkemike

tkemike
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:02 AM

I did not ever figure out what was causing the critical stop sound upon every boot, BUT, I have resolved it by running combofix.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:22 AM

Reported by OP as resolved, closed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?&app=core&module=reports&do=show_report&rid=4897

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users