Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hardsub

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 delusion

delusion

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:50 PM

Hi guys.

I like translating animations. Just like every TV Show - there is a new episode every week. These new episodes are coming to the users in .mkv format (which contains audio/video/subtitles). Here comes my problem - I wan't to make my releasehardsubedsince every average user should be abel to play the videofile. I've tried many ways to make the video hardsubed - Virtualdub /no luck/, SUPER & AUtoGK/couldn't even create a video file/, XvidPocet or something like that... I also tried Avirecomp which is a great, but slow program(it's not making changes to the A/V quality) - I've waited 90+ mins for a 20-25min vid. I also tried Avidemux which is a great program too - about 25-30 min took the program to encode the videofile. However, there is an A/V problem - the audio/video aren't synchronised, the subtitles too. So... I'm asking you guys for help - what should I do? I would like to keep avidemux since except the sync problem - everything is ok /almost 0% loss of sound/quality, fast encoding.../!!!

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,759 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 AM

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:30 PM

OK, what I use is not free, but....it works.

For creating DVD with hard coded subs I use ConvertXToDVD.
For simply hardcoding subs into a video file I use one two programs: Any DVD Converter Professional, or Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 delusion

delusion
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:44 PM

I've tried video converters. The subtitles aren't shown /or the english subtitles are shown/.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,759 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:34 PM

Which video converter did you try?

In those two I mentioned, you have to enable subs option.
In "Any DVD Converter Professional" there is an option at the right bottom to add subs:

Posted Image

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#5 delusion

delusion
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:42 PM

Yes, I they have... I've tried diffrent formats of the subtitles - doesn't matter since it is a .mkv /thats my guess/.

Edited by delusion, 01 August 2011 - 11:44 PM.

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,759 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:45 PM

You're doing something wrong.
mkv is a video format, but it doesn't matter as you can add subs to any video format.
But...
You have to have separate subtitles file in .srt, or .sub format in order to hardcode it into he movie.

My Website

#7 delusion

delusion
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:28 AM

"mkv is a video format, but it doesn't matter as you can add subs to any video format." - Yes, I know that. But what I'm trying to say is that if it is an .avi - there wasn't going to be a problem.
"You have to have separate subtitles file in .srt, or .sub format in order to hardcode it into he movie. " - Yes, I do have - .srt , .sub , .ssa , .ass ...

#8 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,759 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:22 PM

Which video converter are you using?

Are you saying that you can hardcode subs into .avi file, but not into .mkv?

My Website

#9 delusion

delusion
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:20 AM

"Which video converter are you using?" WinAVI Video Converter and 4Videosoft MKV Video Converter
"Are you saying that you can hardcode subs into .avi file, but not into .mkv? " Yes. If I convert the .mkv in to .avi - only the english subtitles are shown. Then if I use Avirecomp - the new avi will be with subtitles, but the process is too slow.

#10 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,759 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:10 PM

You may want to try one of my programs.
I'm not familiar with your, but mine work.

My Website

#11 delusion

delusion
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2011 - 03:16 PM

I've tried the program, which you suggested. Well... It appears that it doesn't support cyrilic - the most important thing.

P.p How much time do you need to convert a 20 min video file?

#12 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,759 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:50 PM

It appears that it doesn't support cyrilic

That I can't help :(

How much time do you need to convert a 20 min video file?

Depends on video quality.
On average I'd say 10 minutes.

My Website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users