Just my 2 cents here what you are describing to me sounds like the LCD inverter is having issues. I would sujest you try and replace it as the inverter is far cheaper than a LCD pannel.If the screen on your laptop is dimming or not working at all, the fault may lie in the Lenovo IdeaPad Y430 Inverter --the device that powers the screen's backlight. Replacing an Lenovo IdeaPad Y430 LCD inverter will require some finesse, but you do not need a technical background. If you are comfortable with opening up your laptop, then this is a do-it-yourself project.
1. Unplug your laptop and remove the battery pack and laptop ac adapter.
2. Locate the rubber screw covers around your laptop screen. There are typically four, but some models may have more.
3. Remove the screw covers. Take care not to lose any. They pop off and, if you are not careful, could go flying.
4. Place your fingers between the front bezel (the plastic piece around the LCD screen) and the screen. Gently work your way around the screen to remove the front bezel and expose the screen assembly.
5. Remove the inverter from the screen assembly. It is held on by tape in most models. In some models the Lenovo IdeaPad Y430 Inverter may be right at the bottom of the screen assembly, below the actual LCD. Other models have the Lenovo IdeaPad Y430 LCD inverter behind the screen. To disassemble the screen, you will need to either unscrew the screen from its metal holder, or just lift the screen out to expose the inverter.
6. Disconnect the wires leading from the Lenovo IdeaPad Y430 Inverter. One wire goes to the backlight, while the other goes to the video card.
7. Look on the back of the Lenovo IdeaPad Y430 LCD inverter for a model number or serial number. Having this exact number will make it easier to order a replacement.
8. Connect the video wire and the backlight wire into the new Lenovo inverter and affix it using the tape that held the original in place. If you do not have that tape anymore, or it has lost its adhesiveness, you can buy more from computer parts retailers.
9. Put the screen back in place if you need to, and snap the front bezel back on.
10. Screw the front bezel screws back in, and place the screw covers back in place.
is a link to an inverter for your unit for 3.99 USD
I hope this helps
Larry D. Lawrence II
Larry D. Lawrence II
MCSE, MCP,ACMT, ACTC
Dell, HP, Toshiba, Apple, Lenovo, and IBM Certified Technician