Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

default e-mail address

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Murrar

Murrar

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 01 August 2011 - 06:56 AM

I have Internet Explorer 9 on my Windows 7 computer. At present my default e-mail address is my hotmail account. Can anyone tell me specifically how to change my default e-mail address? Thank you very much. Murrar

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:07:05 PM

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:40 PM

Are you using an email client and you want to have another address be the default?

If you are using an email client, which one? Is the address you want to be the default already set up in the client?

#3 Murrar

Murrar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:53 AM

I want to have another address as the default. I have a mail.com account and I want that account to be the default. Murrar

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:07 AM

You did not answer the questions I asked.

Are you using an email client and you want to have another address be the default?

If you are using an email client, which one? Is the address you want to be the default already set up in the client?

Also:

Are you clicking on Mail To: links and want your mail.com address to open a web page so you can compose mail?

Edited by Queen-Evie, 02 August 2011 - 08:03 AM.

#5 Murrar

Murrar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:38 PM

The mail client I am using is hotmail and I want to have another address as the default. The address I want is not set up in the email client I want, namely, mail.com. The answer to your last question is "yes". Murrar

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:20 PM

Do you access hotmail using a page? If so, that's all it is-a web page. It is NOT an email client.

mail.com is not an email client either. You cannot make a web page the default mail to be opened when you click on Mail To: link.

Email clients are 3rd party programs which must be downloaded and installed on your system. Example of clients are Windows Live Mail, Outlook, Thunderbird, and Eudora.
They must be configured to work ISP or domain servers.

If you want mail.com to be the default email, you will have to install an email client.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users